Thursday, September 14, 2017

on my radar: September 2017!

With the back to school (read: back to reality) season here and in full swing I'm started to get my head above water with life in general (read: work, finally making dinner again, laundry, school forms, etc). I feel like I am finally getting back to myself after the crazy, albeit fun, days of summer.  One of those pieces that is finally coming together is simply getting dressed again each day.  There is no more throw on a swimsuit and cover up type days (RIP) so instead I'm working on pulling together a fall wardrobe that is just as comfortable.  More than ever before I am craving comfort and ease in my everyday looks.  I think it's just the season I am in with life and motherhood.  Of course, I always walk the line of keeping my looks stylish as well... so with both of those goals in mind, these are a few things on my radar these days.

top row:
cardigan, with huge swings in daily temps I'm finding cardigans to be a wardrobe life saver lately.  50 degrees in the morning and 80 in the afternoon is never easy to dress for - thank goodness for easy layers!

crescent necklace, since I'm not in the sun all day or at the pool I am loving getting back to wearing necklaces and earrings on a daily basis.  How pretty is this one?

knot mule loafers, without fail my current style status is "grab and go" easy mules with adorable bows like this pair is perfect for pairing with jeans and a t-shirt.

jogger pants, any one else noticing that it's getting darker earlier now? Thank goodness for cozy lounge pants that can also double as "real" pants when I run the carpool or the early morning bus stop run.

tote bag, I've been looking for a new fall handbag and I LOVE this roomy tote in classic caramel brown... of course, it only comes second to this one that I can't get out of my head/heart but probably isn't in the budget right now.

'au revoir' sweatshirt, give me all the sweatshirts and no one gets hurt.  Who's with me?

bottom row:
'volunteer librarian' tee, (hands raised!) I'll volunteer at the library any day... I'm sure that work involves sitting and reading books all day, right!?!?

iPhone case, I purchased this iPhone case earlier this summer and I get SO many compliments on it.  Bonus! It's on sale right now!

chewed hem denim, these crazy hemmed jeans are my current obsession and this pair is perfect for shorties like me, they are the perfect length.  These will be coming to the blog soon or check out this less expensive option.

tassel scarf, who else is soooo ready for scarf season and I am loving this super affordable tassel scarf.  It's available in quite a few colors too!

sneakers, this mama needed a new pair of sneaks (just like her kiddos) to kick off fall this year.  I absolutely LOVE this pair!

tie sleeve sweater, okay the embellished sleeved trend just won't quit. But how cute is this tie sleeve sweater? I love the relaxed oversized vibe. 



 

site design by kiki co.