Wednesday, June 21, 2017

my everyday style: a day in Grand Haven!

One of our very favorite ways to spend a day as a family in the summer is in Grand Haven, Michigan.  We are so lucky to be close to the Great Lakes and there is nothing better than spending a sunny and warm day in by the water.  We love to grab some ice cream on the boardwalk, then head to the beach to play in the sand and water or read a book and then end the day with pizza at my personal favorite Fricanos - arguably one of the best pizzas ever (which is saying a lot from this Chicago native).  You just can beat the all American vibe of this amazing little town.  One day we hope to have a little condo there to be right in on the action, but in the meantime we love that it's only a 30 minute drive from Grand Rapids.

There are SO many amazing little beach towns on the West Coast of Michigan... everyone seems to have one they call their 'favorite'.  And since each small town each has it's own personality, it's no surprise that they are all great for their own reason.  If you've never visited Lake Michigan I can't recommend it enough. You will instantly fall in love and create so many family memories.  We've been bringing our kids to Grand Haven since I was pregnant with them both ;) so we have a long history here.

If you are in the market for kids swimsuits that are patriotic and cute (but not cheesy) I can't recommend this one and this one enough! They are both cute and a great price!









My outfit:
Dress (similar or similar)

My daughters outfit:

My sons outfit:



 

site design by kiki co.